Relics of the Passion
Celebrating Mercy: An Encounter with Holy Relics
I think – and I say it with humility –
that this is the Lord’s most powerful message: Mercy.
…………………..– Pope Francis, in Homily March 17, 2013.
The Relics of the Passion presentation is organized into a meditative program with supporting musical pieces that serve as a guide to help you accompany Jesus through His suffering during the Passion, ending in an opportunity for personal veneration of the relics.
The collection includes 8 rare holy relics that would only be seen in collections generally found in Rome or the Holy Land. Included are:
- The relic of the True Cross
- A piece of stone from the table or room where the Last Supper was held
- A piece of the Column of Flagellation
- A piece of the Crown of Thorns
- The effigy of the Veil of Veronica (touched to the original veil)
- A replica of the holy nail which contains filings taken from the true nails that were imbedded in copies to make relics of a lower class
- A piece of bone from St. Longinus, the centurion that pierced the side of Jesus
- A thread from the cloth used as the wrapping for the Burial Shroud.
The Apostolate for Holy Relics is touring the United States with these programs throughout the Great Jubilee Year of Mercy.
While there is no stipend associated with our programs, free-will donations are solicited at public events as a means to defray travel and other expenses.
Please feel free to download the flyer and distribute to parishes and among family and friends!