Saint Juan Diego Guild for Children
The mission of the Saint Juan Diego Guild for Children is to encourage and assist children in imitating the virtues of Saint Juan Diego.
Children 18 years of age and younger are encouraged to enroll. The youngest member was enrolled while still unborn and our oldest is an upper teen.
Members of the Saint Juan Diego Guild for Children will be remembered daily in Holy Masses celebrated at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Each December 9, the Feast Day of Saint Juan Diego, Holy Mass will be offered for the spiritual well-being of the Guild members.
The Children are encouraged to:
- Perform at least one act of charity toward his or her parents each week, in imitation of Saint Juan Diego’s obedience to Mary, the Mother of God and Mother of America.
- Pray the short prayer “Saint Juan Diego, pray for me” before going to bed each night. Over time, this prayer will become part of the daily prayer life of the child and Saint Juan Diego will be called upon as an intercessor.
The Enrollment fee is $15 per child enrolled. As an enrollee, the child will be considered an active member and receive all of the Saint Juan Diego Guild for Children communications until he or she is 18 years old.
Upon enrollment, Guild members receive:
- A specially designed and blessed medal for Saint Juan Diego Guild for Children members. Saint Juan Diego is pictured on the front side and the Guild’s name and Our Lady of Guadalupe are on the reverse side;
- A beautiful certificate of enrollment suitable for framing;
- Two e-newsletters annually educating him or her on the attributes of Saint Juan Diego; and
- The spiritual benefits outlined in the above section.
How to Enroll
There are two ways by which you may enroll:
Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe
Attn: Saint Juan Diego Guild for Children
P.O. Box 1237
La Crosse, WI 54602-1237
Please make checks payable to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
2) by completing the online enrollment form.
Induction ceremonies for new members into the Guild take place twice a year: July 31st (Anniversary of the Dedication of the Shrine Church) and December 9th (Feast of St. Juan Diego). The main celebrant of the Mass on these days is Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke, founder of the Shrine. New members can also be inducted by one of the Friars at the Shrine. If you are interested in learning more about induction ceremonies at the Shrine, please indicate that on the enrollment form, or via email.
If you have any questions, please call the Shrine at (877) 799-4059, or email.